Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error bpbrm(pid=2136) cannot execute cmd on client xxxxxxxx

2004-07-27 13:05:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error bpbrm(pid=2136) cannot execute cmd on client xxxxxxxx
From: wtsmith AT maine DOT edu (Wayne T Smith)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:05:07 -0400
Yes, and it's always been a firewall issue when I've seen it.

A Windows XP machine turning on the Windows firewall is a perfect
example.  The firewall lets thru all outgoing connections, but NetBackup
requires allowing new inbound connections to some ports, even with
vnetd/no_connect_back.

If ICF has been turned on, then you must allow some ports from your
backup server(s).  I use 13720, 13724, 13782 and 13783, but your needs
may vary.
Details: start Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Local Area
Connection -> Properties / Settings -> Advanced tab -> (now you'll see
the checkbox for "Protect my computer..." (the firewall)) -> Settings ->
and click "Add..." to make a service for each port you require.

If anyone knows of an easier way, I'm all ears ;-)

cheers, wayne