Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 Ent Server, MSSQL Agent

2004-07-23 00:33:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 5.0 Ent Server, MSSQL Agent
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 21:33:59 -0700 (PDT)
I'm backing up an MSSQL 2000 Server. The hostname of
the server is advantage. The SQL Server
advantage/advantage. When setting security within the
SQL Client, I have the select advantage/advantage as
the server name. When I run an SQL batch file from the
NetBackup Schedular, the automatic Policy runs, using
advantage as the client name in the Policy, but when
the Application Policy runs, it fails, saying that
advantage/advantage is not a valid client. Is there a
way to get around this?