Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HBA with SUN / ADIC

2004-07-19 12:48:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HBA with SUN / ADIC
From: scoco AT arl.army DOT mil (Coco, Samuel (Cont, ARL/CISD))
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:48:33 -0400
All,

        As some of you know - we have been trying to build a new system
using a V440 and an ADIC i2000 silo with 6 LTO2 drives.  We want to
connect via two seperate FO connections going from the ADIC to the SUN.
Each connection will connect to one of the two X6727A HBAs we have in
the SUN system on the 'B' port of each HBA.  Our problem is that even
with the latest drivers from SUN and all of the latest patches (for
solaris 9) - we can't get the two pieces of equipment to communicate.
Some of us think it's the ADIC side , others - the SUN side.  Any ideas
or directions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Samuel J. Coco, STG
Functional Area Manager, ARL