Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BkupDB on SERVER - 0 NetBackup Database Backup S tatus

2004-07-13 17:34:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BkupDB on SERVER - 0 NetBackup Database Backup S tatus
From: jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com (Jason Helfman)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:34:28 -0700
I'm not using that script at all, but I do get a notification with the
subject of this thread when the catalog backup is complete.

The issue is that bpbrm use of /usr/bin/mail chomps or doesn't issue the
  "to" envelope header, so sendmail puts "undisclosed-recipients" in
place of "To:"

Difficult to filer, and not very good for what we are looking to do.

So we replaced /usr/bin/mail so that the a header would be put in the
mail, and now it works fine.

Notification scrips are using /bin/mailx.

Thanks,
Jason