Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FW: Backing up Unix client from W2K master server

2004-07-13 09:43:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FW: Backing up Unix client from W2K master server
From: paul.wilson AT gb.unisys DOT com (Wilson, Paul)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 14:43:39 +0100

Hi All,

hope you can give me some advice re: backing up a HP UX Client from our
existing Netbackup Master Server running on a W2K platform. A while ago we were
asked to get some costs for a Veritas Netbackup Unix Client and Media Kit for
W2k. The questions I have are :-

1) Do you have any experience of using Unix Clients with W2K Master Servers. I
know there is different flavours of Unix, but I am guessing the principles are
the same.
2) We have a set of CD-ROMS for Netbackup 4.5 - is the Unix Client for W2K
included in this set of disks or will it have to be purchased separately.
3) Although we need to purchase the license, and this is being followed
through, do you actually need a license key to install the Unix Client
software. With W2K clients no license keys are required, so we need to know if
this is the same for the W2K Unix Client. If we need a license key then this
may delay the install.

Thanks and Best Regards

Paul