Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] OS upgrade w/NB upgrade

2004-07-12 08:51:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] OS upgrade w/NB upgrade
From: Robert.Stump AT dla DOT mil (Stump, Robert (Contractor) (DRMS))
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 08:51:37 -0400
I have a master server that is running Solaris 2.6 with NB 3.4
I need to upgrade to Solaris 2.7 with NB 4.5
Solaris 2.7 does not support NB 3.4
Solaris 2.6 does not support NB 4.5

I would first upgrade the OS to Solaris 2.7 and install the base NB 4.5.
I know there are some commands to keep the catalog/db in ASCII mode using
NB4.5
I would install NB 4.5 with the catalog/dbs in ASCII and then bprecover the
NB 3.4 image.
Those are my thoughts on how to do the upgrade.  Anyone got a better idea?

Oh....
Did I mention?
I do not have a lab to test this so I will be using production servers.
I need to do it right the first time.