Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaining Tapes LTO's-2

2004-07-09 12:37:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaining Tapes LTO's-2
From: jason.helfman AT ticketmaster DOT com (Jason Helfman)
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:37:15 -0700
Samuel,

We are implementing this exact setup here. I would be interested in
hearing more about the setup. Is it Fibre? Is it on it's own switched
network? I'd like to see some benchmark results, if possible, too. Any
information would be appreciated. :) Thanks.

As far as cleaning tapes, I was told the same thing of AIT-3, but a tech
I work with at ADIC mentioned something interesting. AIT-3 cleaning
tapes are sold. If they are selling tapes, they have to need a cleaning
at some point. Why would a business put resources and technology into
something that isn't needed? Raised an eyebrow or three for me.

Jason