Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scan_Ability and SAN Media Servers

2004-07-08 15:40:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scan_Ability and SAN Media Servers
From: David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com (David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:40:25 -0700
--=_alternative 006C10E888256ECB_=

Greetings,

Does anyone know if there is any mileage in lowering the scan_ability
setting for SAN Media Servers?

We have the usual environment of several dedicated Media Servers and some
SAN Media Servers. My thinking is that by making the SAN M/Ss lower
priority it would encourage the dedicated M/Ss to be the scan hosts for
our drives. As these SAN M/Ss are used for other stuff (users dataservers,
mail servers, etc) surely this could lessen the load on the SAN M/Ss and
my Master?

W2K environment running 4.5 FP6.

Regards,
David Attreed.
--=_alternative 006C10E888256ECB_=

in lowering the scan_ability setting for SAN Media Servers? </font>
dedicated Media Servers and some SAN Media Servers. My thinking is that
by making the SAN M/Ss lower priority it would encourage the dedicated
M/Ss to be the scan hosts for our drives. As these SAN M/Ss are used for
other stuff (users dataservers, mail servers, etc) surely this could lessen
the load on the SAN M/Ss and my Master?</font>
Regards,<br>
David Attreed.</font>
--=_alternative 006C10E888256ECB_=--