Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Dell PowerVault NAS servers

2004-07-07 21:57:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Dell PowerVault NAS servers
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 20:57:40 -0500
The Dell PowerVault NAS servers claim to support NDMP.  How well does
this work?  We're in a 5.0MP2 environment with a Solaris master server
and a Solaris media server.  We've also got a Win2K media server but it
won't have access to the network that the NAS boxes need to be on.

We haven't done NDMP here yet - I take it need special NDMP licenses?
We haven't bought the NAS servers yet (I've actually recommended against
it but my manager seems hell bent to put in a req for them anyway).

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA