Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] max throughput of 20 Mbit per sec to tape ...

2004-06-30 09:29:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] max throughput of 20 Mbit per sec to tape ...
From: dritschel62 AT yahoo DOT com (Douglas Ritschel)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 06:29:40 -0700 (PDT)
On the Master Server create a file
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS with
a single line containing one of the following (262144,
131072, 65536). This is for 256K,  128K, or 64k.

Also on the master create
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS
with a single line containing one of the following
(64, 128, 256).

On all machines create a file
/usr/openv/netbackup/SZ_NET_BUFFER containing a single
line that matches what you put in SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS.

You need to try different combinations of
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS and
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS/SZ_NET_BUFFER to find the best
performance.