Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts

2004-06-24 20:19:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] question on lto gen2 tape carts
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 17:19:40 -0700 (PDT)
--0-1076229200-1088122780=:69547

ive used fuji and maxell lto2 tapes with no bad ones (yet)

Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com> wrote:Hello

We are switching over from dlt 7000 drives to ibm lto gen 2 drives.
Our initial order of tape carts were of the IBM brand and have been working
very well.

We are now looking at purchasing additional tape carts and the question from
purchasing is should we stay with the IBM brand carts or can we use another
brand.

So I ask of this group, have you seen an operational difference based on which
brand of lto tape carts that you have used?

Thanks len boyle

aaarrrggghhh!!!!
FreeBSD rocks

--0-1076229200-1088122780=:69547

<DIV>ive used fuji and maxell lto2 tapes with no bad ones
(yet)<BR><BR><B><I>Len Boyle &lt;Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello <BR><BR>We are switching over from dlt
7000 drives to ibm lto gen 2 drives. <BR>Our initial order of tape carts were
of the IBM brand and have been working very well. <BR><BR>We are now looking at
purchasing additional tape carts and the question from purchasing is should we
stay with the IBM brand carts or can we use another brand. <BR><BR>So I ask of
this group, have you seen an operational difference based on which brand of lto
tape carts that you have used?<BR><BR>Thanks len
maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
 rocks<p>
                <hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
<a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/virus/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail/static/protection.html";>Yahoo!
 Mail</a> - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
--0-1076229200-1088122780=:69547--