Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Do I Need Media Manager to be Installed on Clients I will be Backing up Using SSO ?

2004-06-20 16:15:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Do I Need Media Manager to be Installed on Clients I will be Backing up Using SSO ?
From: sumash AT discoverymail.co DOT za (Sumash)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:15:57 +0200
you will need SSO licenses to enable the drives to work in a shared
environment,

you will also need either a SAN media server license or a media server
license for each "client" machine that will start using these shared drives.

if your previous NBU install on the client systems, was a client only
install, then you need to re-install the software and install the software
selecting the media server component, during which you will be required to
enter the media server licenses.

this is the way Legato works and I am afraid this is the way NBU works as
well. Simply put, need SSo licenses and Media server licenses (either SAN
media or Full Media Server)

BR

Sumash