Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape

2004-06-16 11:16:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring a single job on a single tape
From: nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com (Mathieu Nantel)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:16:47 -0400
Ok. It looks like I can't expire the job because it's just not there. However,
there's this report generated by the available_media script that still claims
that the tape is full (if that job wasn't there anymore it wouldn't be full).

Excerpt:

[root@life admincmd]# available_media
media   media   robot   robot   robot   side/   ret    size     status
 ID     type    type      #     slot    face    level  KBytes

CHEM02  DLT      NONE     -       -      -       24     98482912        ACTIVE
CHEM01  DLT      TLD      0       4      -       24     142478432       FULL

The CHEM01 tape is the one with the bad image on. Is the available_media
script broken???

Thanks to all who replied. Truly an helpful mailing list.

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 11:04 am, Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
> "bpimmedia -mediaid <tapenum>" will show you all images on a specific tape
> - you can check if NB is tracking this image.  "bpexpdate -backupid <bkid>
> -d 0 -force" will force expire that image if you need.
>
> -M

Mathieu Nantel - RHCE,BOFH                       Ecopia BioSciences
Systems Manager                                 (514) 336-2724 x434
nantel AT ecopiabio DOT com
[*] Please avoid sending me Word/Excel/PowerPoint attachments: this
    assumes that I run MS Office, which is not always the case.
    See: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html