Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Network Environment Change - 100/Half to 100/Full

2004-06-04 14:16:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Network Environment Change - 100/Half to 100/Full
From: David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com (David_Attreed AT Countrywide DOT Com)
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:16:50 -0700
--=_alternative 00646B7B88256EA9_=

Good morning,

Our network environment will be going through a change from 100/Half to
100/Full shortly and I'm looking for some suggestions to backup (no pun
intended) my initial thoughts as to which types of NBU clients should be
switched first. Our NBU Master/Media's are on GigE already so I believe
nothing will change for them.

My thoughts are that 100/Half clients of these types should be prioritized
from the top down.

1) Clients with lots (100,000s) of small files - my thinking is the
100/Full will help the throughput of having to read lots of small files.
2) Clients with lots of data (100s GBs)
3) Clients with below-average throughput
4) Everything else.

I'm personally expecting to see a small speed increase in our average
throughput - has anyone else been through a similar process?

Setup: W2K NBU 4.5 FP6 with some Solaris.

Thanks!
David Attreed.
--=_alternative 00646B7B88256EA9_=

through a change from 100/Half to 100/Full shortly and I'm looking for
some suggestions to backup (no pun intended) my initial thoughts as to
which types of NBU clients should be switched first. Our NBU Master/Media's
are on GigE already so I believe nothing will change for them.</font>
of these types should be prioritized from the top down.</font>
files - my thinking is the 100/Full will help the throughput of having
to read lots of small files.</font>
GBs)</font>
throughput</font>
speed increase in our average throughput - has anyone else been through
a similar process?</font>
Solaris.</font>
Thanks!<br>
David Attreed.</font>