Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Long Distance Backup

2004-06-02 08:40:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Long Distance Backup
From: DMoses AT leviton DOT com (Moses, Darby)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:40:03 -0400
I have to agree.  You need to be aware of the length of time it would
take to complete your backups over a T1.  Depending on the amount of
data to be backed up.  You may find backups running overnight and into
your production days.  Severly impacting bandwidth that should be made
available to your end users.  Perform a baseline test and study your
results.  Also most of us techs don't tend to focus on budgets.  Media
server licenses are not free and may play a role in your decision.  It
is a balancing act.  But not a difficult one.

Best,
Darby