Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Database catalog backups - now slow

2004-06-01 09:09:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Database catalog backups - now slow
From: bwindle AT wlgore DOT com (Bobby R Windle)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:09:13 -0400
--=_alternative 004848E985256EA6_=

Hello all

We are running Solaris 9 on our master server.  We went through a disaster
recovery scenario , restoring
our catalogs to a new raid group.   Since moving the catalog to the new
drives we have increased our
tape drive through put by 2x. All parts of Netbackup have improved.
However, the dB catalog backups went from
1 hour to 4 hours!   I can backup all the catalog directories under a
Netbackup policy to tape in 22 minutes.  It just will
not backup fast using the Netbackups catalog backup under catalogs.  Any
ideas?  Veritas seems to be hitting a dead
end for ideas!

--=_alternative 004848E985256EA6_=

server. &nbsp;We went through a disaster recovery scenario , restoring</font>
Since moving the catalog to the new drives we have increased our</font>
Netbackup have improved. &nbsp;However, the dB catalog backups went from</font>
the catalog directories under a Netbackup policy to tape in 22 minutes.
&nbsp;It just will</font>
backup under catalogs. &nbsp;Any ideas? &nbsp;Veritas seems to be hitting a
dead</font>
--=_alternative 004848E985256EA6_=--