Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Accessing DMZ clients thru Host Properties

2004-05-27 17:05:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Accessing DMZ clients thru Host Properties
From: Dwayne.Brzozowski AT mail.va DOT gov (Brzozowski, Dwayne)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 16:05:47 -0500
Updating clients in the dmz is another issue. Using the built in NB client
update via the gui requires the r commands to be enabled on the client side,
such as rexec, shell, .rhosts. All of these require additional ports opened
in the firewall. I found out that most networking admins won't open up ports
for those protocols. My suggestion would be to find a client with a like os,
run the client ftp update script so the update gets put in /tmp on that
client, then tar everything up and scp/sftp to the client in the dmz, and
run the update manually. It's  a pain, but I have 4 clients in the dmz that
I have to update that way because .r commands are strictly forbidder here.
Hope that helps.

-djb

Dwayne J. Brzozowski
Department of Veterans Affairs