Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup to Disk?

2004-05-27 15:18:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup to Disk?
From: Danny.Baldonado AT lucasfilm DOT com (Danny Baldonado)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:18:23 -0700
We have 3 DataDomains that we use at different campuses and are pleased with
them.
We would love to get 20x compression but we're not quite there, although
checking today's status reports looks like we have one unit at 15x.   Our 3
units are currently getting: 4.5x, 15.1x, & 5.1x.

The vendor has been telling us that the compression actually gets better over
time since it has a better chance of seeing repeated data chunks and our daily
status reports support that.  We started off around 3x and have been steadily
cranking that compression upwards.

peace,
dannyB