Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to merge two NetBackup Catalogs ???

2004-05-27 10:22:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to merge two NetBackup Catalogs ???
From: WBedour AT lear DOT com (BeDour, Wayne)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:22:51 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C443F6.17D0EB40

I looked in the archives and couldn't find what I needed so here's my
problem / issue.  Our environment is NetBackup 4.5 fp6 HP-ux 11.i.  We have
this environment running at two sites.  We are setting up the sites as D R
sites to each other using srdf to keep the data current.  My problems is, if
site A has a disaster, how do I merge the tape backup from the catalog from
site A into the NetBackup catalog running at site B?  Our thinking is that
if this ever happens it will be weeks / months before we get 2 sites running
again so we will need everything at one site for a while.  The next problem
will be deciding the best way to split the two sites apart again.

Thanks in advance

Wayne BeDour
IT Unix System Administrator
PH: 313-240-3374  FAX:  313-240-3065
Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.
------_=_NextPart_001_01C443F6.17D0EB40

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
        {margin-right:0in;
        margin-left:0in;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman";}
span.EmailStyle17
        {font-family:Arial;
        color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
        {page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

font-family:Arial'>I looked in the archives and couldn't find what I needed so
here's my problem / issue.&nbsp; Our environment is NetBackup 4.5 fp6 HP-ux
11.i.&nbsp; We have this environment running at two sites.&nbsp; We are setting
up the sites as D R sites to each other using srdf to keep the data
current.&nbsp; My problems is, if site A has a disaster, how do I merge the
tape backup from the catalog from site A into the NetBackup catalog running at
site B?&nbsp; Our thinking is that if this ever happens it will be weeks /
months before we get 2 sites running again so we will need everything at one
site for a while.&nbsp; The next problem will be deciding the best way to split

style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Wayne
BeDour <br>
IT Unix System Administrator <br>
PH: 313-240-3374&nbsp; FAX:&nbsp; 313-240-3065&nbsp; <br>

any attachments may contain <br>legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
or agent responsible for delivery of <br>this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are <br>hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
received this message in <br>error, please immediately notify the sender and
------_=_NextPart_001_01C443F6.17D0EB40--