Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup poor performance

2004-05-25 15:51:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup poor performance
From: sandrock AT urbana.css.mot DOT com (Mark Sandrock)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:51:25 -0500
Thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies -- but ...
one more question, if I may ...

I did not order the L8 Autoloader with a barcode reader --
was that a mistake?

I stick 2 or 3 tapes into it, and tell NBU to do a manual
backup, and so far it's only taken once. The rest of the
time the log output shows:

14:32:31 INF - Backup by root on client swift: unable to allocate
               new media for backup, storage unit has none available.

I'm probably just not understanding the NBU framework, but
why do none of the tapes I put into the autoloader usable?
What does it want from me? :-)

I don't really know why it worked the one time, unfortunately.

Thanks much,
Mark
--
Motorola PCS                      "But the war on terrorism will not be won
Urbana-Champaign Design Center    through attrition, ... since military action