Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Flashbackup queries

2004-05-25 13:23:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Flashbackup queries
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 12:23:40 -0500
Is anyone out there actually using Windows Flashbackup?  We've started
experimenting with it, and although backups are *MUCH* faster than
traditional Windows backups, we've been totally unable to do a restore.
Veritas has been unable to resolve our issues and they've been working
on them for over a week.

I realize that Flashbackup for Windows is fairly new but I would expect
basic functionality like restores to work so I'm assuming that we'renot
doing something quite right but just haven't figured it out yet.  Is
anyone out there using Flashbackup for Windows successfully?  What's the
general consensus on the quality of this product?

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org