Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd on Solaris 2.6 client fails

2004-05-25 11:00:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpclntcmd on Solaris 2.6 client fails
From: tlewick AT hrblock DOT com (Lewick, Taylor)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:00:21 -0500
I can't get NetBackup to connect to an older Solaris 2.6 Server.
The client is patched, and the correct version netbackup client software
is installed, and looks fine, all networking issues are fine, DNS,
TCP/IP etc.

But whenever I try to do a bpclntcmd -hn master_server, I get the
following error message,
gethostbyname failed for master-server.

If I do this to another Soalris 2.6 machine in our environment, it works
fine.  Does anyone know if this is a known issue and if there is a patch
from either Solaris/Veritas that fixes this?

Thanks,
Taylor