Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vitrual libs, drives and tapes...

2004-05-25 07:37:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vitrual libs, drives and tapes...
From: paulg AT CDCNA DOT COM (Paul Gimpelev)
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:37:36 -0400
This will all depend on what you need.  We have a DL700 and we bought it to
consolidate 3 physical tape libraries.  Depending on what you are trying to
achive, I would try to avoid using SSO since you now have a fairly large pool
of "tape drives" and "libraries".  For example, you can define one large 20
tape library and assign 2 of the drives to one hosts, 4 to the other, etc..
 This way you can avoid the complexity and possible issues of SSO..

paulg

On May 25, 11:35am, Hampus Lind wrote:
> Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vitrual libs, drives and tapes...
>
> Hi all!
>
> We are looking on EMC DL300, which can simulate 32 libs, 256 drives and 2048
tapes. DL300 is a disk library.
> We want to run SSO on some clients to directly SAN attached dirves in the
DL300 to get better backup and restore times.