Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 windows client will not install

2004-05-21 08:18:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 windows client will not install
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:18:06 -0400
--=_alternative 0043934885256E9B_=

Kathryn,
This sounds like there is some corruption in the box that fails to
install.
If it is at all possible, you may want to try to re-install Windows 2000
on that box,
 and then try your client install again.

=============================
Carl Stehman
PHI Services Company
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com

Kathryn Riddlemoser <kathy AT mitre DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
05/21/2004 05:38 AM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Rob Worman <rob AT worman DOT org>, Victoria M Phillips <vmphillips AT mitre
DOT org>
Subject
[Veritas-bu] NBU 4.5 windows client will not install

I've successfully installed the Netbackup windows client software
multiple times on Window's 2000 systems with sp4, however, I've got one
box that refuses to be installed.  I haven't seen error messages and
quite frankly I'm more of a Unix person than PC person so I'm not sure
where to look for possible install error messages.

I called Veritas Tech Support and have a case open.  I'm on vacation and
have someone else taking care of this issue and the tech assigned to our
case doesn't seem to want to call us back.    Any body seen this
before?  My guess it's more on the PC side than the CD install side, as
I can turn to another system after this failure and install it
successfully.

Thanks for replies to the person cc'd here on this note too.

Regards,
Kathy

--=_alternative 0043934885256E9B_=

in the box that fails to install.</font>
to try to re-install Windows 2000 on that box,</font>
again. &nbsp;</font>
Carl Stehman<br>
PHI Services Company<br>
202-331-6619<br>
Pager 301-765-2703<br>
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com</font>
AT mitre DOT org&gt;</b>
mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu</font>
DOT edu</font>
org&gt;,
Victoria M Phillips &lt;vmphillips AT mitre DOT org&gt;</font>
client will not install</font></table>
client software <br>
multiple times on Window's 2000 systems with sp4, however, I've got one
box that refuses to be installed. &nbsp;I haven't seen error messages and
quite frankly I'm more of a Unix person than PC person so I'm not sure
where to look for possible install error messages. <br>
I called Veritas Tech Support and have a case open. &nbsp;I'm on vacation
and <br>
have someone else taking care of this issue and the tech assigned to our
case doesn't seem to want to call us back. &nbsp; &nbsp;Any body seen this
before? &nbsp;My guess it's more on the PC side than the CD install side,
as <br>
I can turn to another system after this failure and install it successfully.<br>
Thanks for replies to the person cc'd here on this note too.<br>
Regards,<br>
Kathy<br>