Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] more stupid Exchange questions

2004-05-20 11:38:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] more stupid Exchange questions
From: tech2187 AT yahoo DOT com (K Chapman)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:38:27 -0700 (PDT)
--0-717458285-1085067507=:44913

if you are using jnbSA on unix it is the almost the same as the windows based
java console.  i use almost the same config and can do restores from unix nb
gui for exchange mailbox and db.  in 'backup, restore archive', make sure you
have the source  and destination clients set to the exchange server and the
policy is of type ms-exchange.  pick your date range and you should see your
backed up data

Suzanne Palmer <s.palmer AT umassp DOT edu> wrote:Forgive me if I'm asking
anything stupid, I just can't make heads nor
tails out of this. I'm backing up an Exchange 2003 server from my
Netbackup 4.5 (6) master server, which runs on Solaris 8, and there
are some things I am pretty confused by.

1) I can't figure out how to do a restore of the Exchange stuff. The
one manual I found on the veritas web site shows menus and options
that don't seem to exist. Is this because I've got a unix-based master
server? Can I do it from the xbp utility? Anyhow I'm lost and could
use whatever direction anyone cares to provide...

2) When I kick off the Exchange policy, it launches several separate
jobs, which I assume is because I've got the "multiple data streams"
option checked (which the manual seemed to indicate I needed). Is
there a way to tell which stream is doing what part of the file list?

Thanks in advance,

-Suzanne

aaarrrggghhh!!!!
FreeBSD rocks

--0-717458285-1085067507=:44913

<DIV>if you are using jnbSA on unix it is the almost the same as the windows
based java console.&nbsp; i use almost the same config and can do restores from
unix nb gui for exchange mailbox and db.&nbsp; in 'backup, restore archive',
make sure you have the source&nbsp; and destination clients set to the exchange
server and the policy is of type ms-exchange.&nbsp; pick your date range and
you should see your backed up data<BR><BR><B><I>Suzanne Palmer &lt;s.palmer AT
umassp DOT edu&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Forgive me if I'm asking anything stupid, I
just can't make heads nor<BR>tails out of this. I'm backing up an Exchange 2003
server from my<BR>Netbackup 4.5 (6) master server, which runs on Solaris 8, and
there<BR>are some things I am pretty confused by.<BR><BR>1) I can't figure out
how to do a restore of the Exchange stuff. The<BR>one manual I found on the
veritas web site shows menus and options<BR>that don't seem to exist. Is this
because I've got a unix-based master<BR>server? Can I do it from the xbp
utility? Anyhow I'm lost and could<BR>use whatever direction anyone cares to
provide...<BR><BR>2) When I kick off the Exchange policy, it launches several
separate<BR>jobs, which I assume is because I've got the "multiple data
streams"<BR>option checked (which the manual seemed to indicate I needed).
Is<BR>there a way to tell which stream is doing what part of the file list?
 <BR><BR>Thanks in
 maillist - Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT
edu<BR>http://mailman.eng.auburn.edu/mailman/listinfo/veritas-bu</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR>aaarrrggghhh!!!!<br>FreeBSD
 rocks<p>
Domains - <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=23613/*http://smallbusiness.promotions.yahoo.com/offer";>Claim