Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] "40" errors backing up from Tru64 system

2004-05-20 10:35:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] "40" errors backing up from Tru64 system
From: dlogcher AT MIT DOT EDU (Dan Logcher)
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 10:35:51 -0400
ckstehman AT pepco DOT com wrote:

> We have installed that patch.  It did not fix the problem.
>
> The only change is that instead of the backups aborting immediately,
> they now hang for 5 minutes before aborting.

I've been able to run backups without a problem.  I only noticed the
STATUS = 40 when trying to restore.  I never had this error during
backups.  All our backups seem to complete alright, I just can't tell
if the patch solved the problem during restore.

I need to do more testing, but don't have the space to restore the
massive databases right now.  Damn those disk hogging R3 Admins :)

--
Dan