Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore fromimported media

2004-05-18 19:47:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore fromimported media
From: agerst AT avaya DOT com (Gerst, Aaron (Aaron))
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:47:09 -0600

------_=_NextPart_001_01C43D32.6F36819E

I am trying to do a restore from media I imported.  I am restoring 2 =
servers that are retired to a new server.  I have restored the one =
succesfully but I am having trouble with the second.  My master is also =
my media server.   Here is my problem.  When I put the source client =
name in and then the destination client name in my dates change to say =
it knows the date range of the backups.  When I refresh it to get the =
directory structure it runs for 15 or so minutes and then I get a Status =
23 socket read failed.  I have been on the phone with Veritas with this =
and have done the usual things, stopped and started netbackup, checked =
bp.conf, sent them the logs, etc.  I have also put in the bp.conf file a =
listing for FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA to change it from its original media =
server to the new one and it still does not work.  The images are there =
in the db/images dir and I know it is seeing something because it =
changes the date range but can anyone tell me why I am getting thsocket =
error?  I also changed the tcp_time_wait to 1000.  =20

Thanks in advance

Aaron J Gerst
Avaya Communications
UNIX Systems Administrator II
11399 16th Court North

------_=_NextPart_001_01C43D32.6F36819E

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.0.6487.1">
<TITLE>Restore fromimported media</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am trying to do a restore from media =
I imported.&nbsp; I am restoring 2 servers that are retired to a new =
server.&nbsp; I have restored the one succesfully but I am having =
trouble with the second.&nbsp; My master is also my media =
server.&nbsp;&nbsp; Here is my problem.&nbsp; When I put the source =
client name in and then the destination client name in my dates change =
to say it knows the date range of the backups.&nbsp; When I refresh it =
to get the directory structure it runs for 15 or so minutes and then I =
get a Status 23 socket read failed.&nbsp; I have been on the phone with =
Veritas with this and have done the usual things, stopped and started =
netbackup, checked bp.conf, sent them the logs, etc.&nbsp; I have also =
put in the bp.conf file a listing for FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA to change it =
from its original media server to the new one and it still does not =
work.&nbsp; The images are there in the db/images dir and I know it is =
seeing something because it changes the date range but can anyone tell =
me why I am getting thsocket error?&nbsp; I also changed the =
tcp_time_wait to 1000.&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks in advance</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Aaron J Gerst</FONT></I></B>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#FF0000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Avaya =
Communications</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">UNIX Systems Administrator =
II</FONT><B></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">11399 16th Court North</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C43D32.6F36819E--