Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tape selection question

2004-05-17 15:16:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tape selection question
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (Ben Rockwood)
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:16:12 -0700
Thanx for all the replies.
Here's a followup question: After duplication is complete, should I
remove the media id's from the media manager?  I suppose I could just
leave them in the duplication pool forever, but it seems like the media
manager is going to get real messy real quick, and from my tests there
shouldn't be any problem just
adding the media back in as new and then recovering the images from it.
How do you guys manage this?
I'm using smaller libraries (1 80, 2 30's and 1 20) on diffrent media
servers which makes me want to keep things clean.  If I had a 200+ slot
library I might be more inclined leave the media id's untill I expired them.

Thanx.

benr.