Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing a single client

2004-05-14 05:03:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing a single client
From: Philip.Weber AT egg DOT com (Weber, Philip)
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 10:03:57 +0100
Is it possible to have more than one stream from a single client
multiplexing onto tape?  I have 4 clients in one class, max multiplexing on
the storage unit and the schedule is set to 4.  When all 4 clients are
backing up, I get 4 streams (one from each client) backing up concurrently
to the single tape drive. However, when one client completes, I only get 3
streams active at once ... I'd like another stream from one of the active
clients to become active.  Am I missing something in the configuration, or
is this not possible?

NB 5.0 MP1.
Sony DataStor with 1 AIT drive.
Win2K master.