Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tape selection question

2004-05-12 15:12:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate tape selection question
From: benr AT cuddletech DOT com (Ben Rockwood)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:12:21 -0700
Hello.

 I'm working on building some offsite duplication scripts and
methodologies.  I'm hitting alittle hitch though.  I can't see how to
get bpduplicate to report which tape it selects for the duplication.
Currently, I tell it to use a tape out of the duplication pool (I'm just
using the default NB_Duplicate pool name) without specifying exactly
which tape to use... the idea is that I don't need to update the
duplication scripts daily/weekly with the tape id, I can just keep the
duplication pool full of tapes.  But once the dup is done I can't find a
way of automating the discovery of which tape it used in order to eject
it.  I can visually scan the medialist and tell which one it used, but I
wouldn't want to script that method because it is inherently error prone.
Is there anyway for bpduplicate to output the tape it used?  Or should I
just invoke this thing manually.

A little followup question... when doing offsites is it worthwhile/wise
to put a NB catalog backup on the offsite tape too?

Thank You.

benr.