Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disappearing fiber drives

2004-05-12 08:25:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disappearing fiber drives
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:25:31 -0500
Pre 4.5 we had a ton of issues with our SAN (QLogics, STK/Brocade Switches, STK
9176, HP 20/700 (aka STK L700) library) dropping tape drives, as well as other
issues with storage.
We keep pretty up to date on the bridge and drive firmware in the library.
After months and months of working with STK, they finally came back to us with
a suggested driver and firmware level for the HBAs in our environment (QLA
2200/2340). We also were then able to persistently bind the LUNs. This has
solved our problems, for the most part.
I've noticed that 4.5 also helps in SSO environments by only limiting the
drives to the particular media server that had the issues.

All this to say, check with your vendor about compatibility issues with HBA
drivers/firmware.

Good luck!
Rusty