Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Parsing bpdbjobs -report -all_columns output

2004-05-12 00:08:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Parsing bpdbjobs -report -all_columns output
From: David Rock <dave-bu AT graniteweb DOT com> (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 23:08:42 -0500
--HlL+5n6rz5pIUxbD

* Lumpkin, Buddy D. <buddy.lumpkin AT wamu DOT net> [2004-05-11 16:13]:
> Hello All,
>=20
> Im wondering if anyone else has seen this. In bpdbjobs -all_columns
> output, the filecount field is supposed to be followed by a list of
> files to be backed up (the list is the same size as the filecount
> field).
>=20
> This means if filecount is 5, there should be a list of 5 files in the
> following comma delimited fields.
>=20
> I have noticed that whenever there is a file listed in windows c:\
> notation, the filecount is incorrectly listed as 2, and the second file
> is empty. Observe:
>=20
> 2,F:\,,
>=20
> So the 2 represents the filecount, f:\ is the file being backed up, and
> ,, represents the empty field.
>=20
> This particular set was generated from the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive,
> so I can see several streams, each with similar output (filecount of 2,
> one file, second file field is empty.

Are you using multi-streaming with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES? Your description
makes it sound like you are. Try looking at jobs that use
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES _without_ multi-streaming, or try a job with explicit
drive designations and see if you still see it.=20

I parse the -all_columns output quite a bit and have never come across
this problem, although more testing seems to be in order now to verify
that ;-)

--=20
David Rock
david AT graniteweb DOT com