Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Parsing bpdbjobs -report -all_columns output

2004-05-11 19:13:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Parsing bpdbjobs -report -all_columns output
From: buddy.lumpkin AT wamu DOT net (Lumpkin, Buddy D.)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:13:47 -0700
Hello All,

Im wondering if anyone else has seen this. In bpdbjobs -all_columns
output, the filecount field is supposed to be followed by a list of
files to be backed up (the list is the same size as the filecount
field).

This means if filecount is 5, there should be a list of 5 files in the
following comma delimited fields.

I have noticed that whenever there is a file listed in windows c:\
notation, the filecount is incorrectly listed as 2, and the second file
is empty. Observe:

2,F:\,,

So the 2 represents the filecount, f:\ is the file being backed up, and
,, represents the empty field.

This particular set was generated from the ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive,
so I can see several streams, each with similar output (filecount of 2,
one file, second file field is empty.

Has anyone else ran into this? I am hoping that someone can speak to
whether this only happens in Netbackup 4.5, or if this is a known bug
that I can just code around.

If this is a known issue, I will just hack around it, but if I can avoid
breaking future releases that would be a really good thing.

Thanks in advance,

--Buddy