Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Big & cheap disk arrays

2004-05-11 17:52:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Big & cheap disk arrays
From: steven.hanson AT uwrf DOT edu (Steve Hanson)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 16:52:40 -0500
Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com wrote:
> What are you guys using in the realm of "big & cheap" as disk storage units.
> I'm trying to put together a proposal here and would like some ideas (or
> things to avoid, I guess).

We just bought one of Gateway's new SATA/SCSI arrays.  It's
definitely a low end product (it's a re-badged nStor array)
but it was really cheap and you can get 3 TBytes of disk in
a 2U rackmount.  So far I'm reasonably happy with it.  We've
used some other similar IDE to SCSI arrays in the past based
on the Infortrend products.