Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape contents determining factor ... Similar retention periods .. . or just space and same volume pool?

2004-05-04 15:48:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape contents determining factor ... Similar retention periods .. . or just space and same volume pool?
From: david.chapa AT adic DOT com (David Chapa)
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:48:00 -0600
If you are seeing mixed retention periods on your media, check your
bp.conf file to ensure that the ALLOW_MULTIPLE_RETENTIONS_PER_MEDIA is
NOT there.

As far as your situation Ed, I'd verify your vault profile's selection
criteria to make sure it hasn't changed accidentally.  I'd also run a
sample output of the criteria by using bpduplicate with the -PM option
at the end.  This will tell you what would be "grabbed" for the vaulting
process based on your vault profile criteria.

HTH
Chapa

David A. Chapa * Technical Advisor * ADIC * 720.249.5836 * 720.272.8452
cell *  david.chapa AT adic DOT com

HIGH PERFORMANCE, SCALABLE, RELIABLE - http://www.adic.com/gopathlightvx