Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP or Not?

2004-05-03 09:39:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP or Not?
From: Steve Kappel <steve.kappel AT veritas DOT com> (Steve Kappel)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 08:39:13 -0500 (CDT)
Have you consider putting the drive(s) on the media server and
using Remote NDMP and 3-way NDMP backups?  It should be faster
than backing up remote filesystems...

>From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT medtronic DOT com>
>To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
>Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP or Not?
>Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:27:57 -0500
>
>We are wondering what peoples thoughts are on NDMP backups.  I ask because we
are currently doing NDMP Based backups from a EMC Celerra to  STK FC 9940B
Drives @ 12-15MBs.  It just seems expensive to have $30K FC Tape Drives having
to be dedicated per Celerra DataMover.  Has anyone had any experience mounting
NAS Shares to a Win2k Box and then doing Regular backups?  It would seem that
you would have more flexibility by being able to share the $30K instead of
having to dedicate a drive per DataMover or NasHead....