Veritas-bu

Fw: [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6

2004-04-29 15:27:21
Subject: Fw: [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU 4.5 FP6
From: jason.cordes AT enbridge DOT com (jason.cordes AT enbridge DOT com)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:27:21 -0500

As I recall you will need to request the client software from veritas for
VMS which in the past was not an easy thing to do as most people you talk
to from Vertias won't have any idea what you are talking about. I know they
came out with a client for 4.5 but have not worked with VMS clients in over
a year now so do not know the status of that any longer.

Once you have the client software, yes as I recall you do make a standard
policy.

Jason Cordes
IS Administrator
jason.cordes AT enbridge DOT com
713-821-2291

             Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT taos DOT com

             Sent by:                  Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

             veritas-bu-admin@                                          cc
             mailman.eng.aubur
             n.edu                                                 Subject
                                       [Veritas-bu] OpenVMS client and NBU
                                       4.5 FP6
             04/29/2004 02:00
             PM

I've got a NBU 4.5 FP6 server (Solaris) with the standard "all
clients" installation.  I'm getting an old OpenVMS client transferred
over.  Presumably it has a client on it already from its existing
invironment, so I shouldn't need to grab a client install just for
it.

However, when creating a client in the policy, I can't select it as an
OpenVMS system since there's no OpenVMS client software on the master.

I know almost nothing about VMS.  Do I need to get something on the
master server to create an OpenVMS "client" and policy, or do I just
stick it in a "standard" policy (as opposed to a windows-nt one) and
everything is fine?

I can't find any OpenVMS clients downloadable from support.

Thanks!