Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone live with Veritas 5.0

2004-04-29 11:25:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone live with Veritas 5.0
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:25:01 -0500
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 04:09:28PM +0200, Falk, Martin  IZ/HZA-ICS wrote:
> Hello,
>
> does anyone have a live environment with netbackup 5.0?
> Any bigger problems? As far as I know you cannot buy 4.5 for long, so I have
> to consider rolling out 5.0

We're live with a Solaris 5.0MP1 master server, Solaris 5.0MP1 media
server, and Win2K 5.0MP1 media server and about 100 clients.  Some
fairly severe issues, not all of which are fixed yet.  There are MAJOR
issues with include/exclude lists in Unix clients (there is a
workaround), issues with hosts behind firewalls (no fix for us yet),
Windows jobs stuttering - i.e. the same drive showing twice in activity
monitor (you must disable the open file agent for this), but I think
we've worked around everything else.

You need to upgrade your Windows clients to MP1A - it's out now - or you
may lose access to your CDROM drive after installing MP1.

Overall, it's been a royal mess.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org