Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Advanced reported.

2004-04-27 13:25:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Advanced reported.
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:25:13 -0500
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 09:53:36AM -0500, Hillebrand, Bradly W. wrote:
> Does Storage Console still require Oracle 9i as a database (for
> in-house)?  I was looking at Tavata because it did not require Oracle.

It does, but the Oracle license is bundled into the StorageConsole
pricing.  Just treat the SC server as an appliance.

I've got other products that have embedded Oracle (EMC SAN management
appliance) and SQL l(HP SAN management appliance) icenses.  That doesn't
necessarily make them bad.  BackupReport requires a SQL database.
CommandCentral uses (I think) Sybase. Advanced Reporter uses MySQL.
I found that StorageConsole's pricing was comparable to BackupReport's
pricing.  SC included the Oracle license; BR did not include the
SQLserver license.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org