Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Limit jobs per client?

2004-04-22 21:51:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Limit jobs per client?
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:51:22 -0500
I know that I can limit the jobs per policy, but is there any way to
limit the jobs per client?  I can, of course, create a separate policy
per client, but I'd like to limit the connections at the client end.
I've got a bunch of virtual servers per physical server, and therefore
NetBackup can't really tell that all of these virtual servers may point
to one physical server.  As a result, we frequently saturate the
physical server with too many connections.  Any ideas as to how I can
solve this would be greatly appreciated.  The clients are both Solaris
and Windows.

Thanks,
        .../Ed
--