Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] import and restore ndmp backups without all the tapes.

2004-04-21 18:05:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] import and restore ndmp backups without all the tapes.
From: vbperry AT hotmail DOT com (Perry Brown)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:05:52 +0000
Hi All,

We had saved some tapes that where NDMP backups (I think they where backed
up with either 3.2 or 3.4 DC). The images are no longer in the catalog so I
was doing was doing imports.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -create_db_info -id TAPEID
-server MASTERSERVERHOSTNAME -L /tmp/bpimport.phase1

That goes OK it finds images, I create the list for importing

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimport -PM -s STARTDATE 00:00:00 -e
ENDDATE 00:00:00 -id MEDIAID | awk '{print $5}' >> /tmp/import_list

It complains on some of the images that there is no TIR or no 1st fragment
so does not allow them to be part of the second phase import.

Is there another way to pull off the NDMP backup data from the tapes? I
REALLY NEED this data.

Current system I am using is an HPUX 11.0 system running 4.5 FP6. NetApps
are directly attached to DLT 7000's drives.

thank you for any help.

perry