Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing media types from hcart to hcart2

2004-04-21 14:59:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing media types from hcart to hcart2
From: Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA (Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA)
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:59:52 -0500
--=_alternative 00685B9686256E7D_=

My problem is i have some media defined as hcart and other media defined
as hcart2.

I want to move the hcart media to hcart2 media.

veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu wrote on 04/21/2004 01:21:07 PM:

> Why bother. Make the new storage unit hcart. The're just names. The're
not
> set in concrete.
>
> Jim.

media defined as hcart2.</font>
04/21/2004
01:21:07 PM:<br>
&gt; Why bother. Make the new storage unit hcart. The're just names. The're
not<br>
&gt; set in concrete.<br>
&gt; &nbsp;<br>
&gt; Jim.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; -----Original Message-----<br>
&gt; From: veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; [mailto:veritas-bu-admin AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] On Behalf Of<br>
&gt; Karl.Rossing AT Federated DOT CA<br>
&gt; Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 10:23 AM<br>
&gt; To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu<br>
&gt; Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing media types from hcart to hcart2<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I added a 2nd autoloader to our NB 5.0 server yesterday. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; When i added my original autoloader under 4.5 the wizard said the
lto2 drive<br>
&gt; was hcart. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; When i added the 2nd autoloader to nb 5.0 it added it the lto2 drive
as<br>
&gt; hcart2. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Anyway, now i got hcart2 and hcart media types on the server. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I'd like to change all my hcart media to hcart2. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I can do this by expiring the tape bpexpdate and then deleting the
entry in<br>
&gt; my media lists. This works fine for media that has expired and is
going back<br>
&gt; into the rotation. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; However I don't want to expire the images for my offsite monthend
tapes. I<br>
&gt; also need to get the catalog tapes moved over to hcart2. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Is there a way to change the media type to hcart2 via the command
line? I<br>
&gt; can't seem to find a way in the admin console. <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thanks, <br>
&gt; KFR<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; [attachment &quot;winmail.dat&quot; deleted by Karl Rossing/fhcc]
</tt></font>
--=_alternative 00685B9686256E7D_=--