Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] We all need some feed back on NBU 5.0

2004-04-19 10:19:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] We all need some feed back on NBU 5.0
From: ewilts AT ewilts DOT org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:19:47 -0500
On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 09:17:24AM -0400, Bobby R Windle wrote:
> Please, if you have any experiences both good or bad in or around
> moving from NB4.5  to NB5.0, please express your concerns or praises.
> This is an important issue that we all need to hear about.  There have
> been a lot of different takes on this. Try to keep it constructive and
> fair.  New products will always have fixes..  otherwise we would all
> be home fixing toasters.

We're fighting a significant battle with NBU 5.0 MP1 right now.  It
seems like the host-based include/exclude processing for our Solaris
clients isn't working at all and all files are being backed up all the
time - we've had dozens of the same files being backed up when we should
have had only 1.  We have a support ticket open with Veritas on this.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org