Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] WARNING: NetBackup 5.0 Restores

2004-04-15 15:09:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] WARNING: NetBackup 5.0 Restores
From: Ebon_Nash AT compuware DOT com (Nash, Ebon)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:09:13 -0400
We have been having problems restoring an Exchange image created with NB 4.5
after upgrading to NB 5.0.  After a week of troubleshooting Veritas came
back and said that there is a known problem restoring Exchange images
created on a NetBackup 4.5 system, after upgrading to 5.0.

After further analysis, they stated that there is an issue performing
restores of Exchange images larger that 2GB if they were created in NB 4.5.

Finally, they said you can't restore any image over 2GB if it was created in
4.5 and you are currently running 5.0.  They stated the work around is to
expire the image, import it into 5.0 and then perform the restore.  The fix
is reportedly due in 3 weeks when the release MP2.

I don't know about you guys, but I am about to blow a gasket.  This release
of 5.0 should never have occured.  It is riddled with bugs and has been a
nightmare for me.  I am going to let everyone at Veritas know how I feel,
and if any of you feel the same way I hope you let them know also.  For
those of you thinking about upgrading to 5.0, DON'T DO IT.  Even after
installing MP1 there still are critical issues that have not been addressed.

Ebon Nash
Storage Administrator

and then destroy it.