Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Tape Rotation

2004-04-14 10:19:35
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Tape Rotation
From: mattm AT m-c-s DOT com (Matt Moody)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:19:35 -0500
After your backup process and before you physically send your tapes
off-site, run a vault process that creates a database tape (Vault
profile/Database Backup tab).  Create a NBDB_Database volume group for these
tapes and configure that within the Vault profile.  NBU Vault will take care
of cycling these tapes for you.  You can have a NBU Backup policy configured
to run this process daily or at some set time after your backup processes
are completed.

Matthew Moody
MCSI