Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] no catalog tape, no backups?

2004-04-12 18:28:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] no catalog tape, no backups?
From: Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com (Len Boyle)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:28:51 -0400
Hell Dan

As far as I know the catalog backup will not failover to another tape. I also
do TSM (aka adsm) and there I am able to tell it to use a scratch tape for the
database backup.

I think the only fix is to go to the following url and request a change?

http://enhancement.veritas.com/

Along with trying the alternate tape, or using a scratch tape on failure, it
would be nice if the catalog backup could be set up to run with other workload.
Our systems are getting more and more into 24X7 systems and it would be nice is
veritas could have netbackup follow along.

len