Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DOWN Drives

2004-04-12 10:17:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DOWN Drives
From: prattc AT naradnetworks DOT com (Chris Pratt)
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:17:43 -0400
Hey all,

I was hoping someone could shed some light on a problem I have been having
with my storage units.

I apologize in advance for not rtfm if this is covered somewhere.  I
inherited this NetBackup deployment, and the manuals with it.  I have some
half dozen manuals taking up about eight inches width of space on my
bookshelf.  Rather than delve into  the whole set, I was hoping someone had
an answer for me or could steer me in the right direction.

My NetBackup setup consists of a single Solaris server with two DLT robots
each with two drives.  Almost daily I find that each robot has one of its
drives in a DOWN state.  I have seen nothing in my logs which tells me why
this happens.  Any ideas?

Chris