Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup upgrade 3.11 to 4.5

2004-04-09 12:39:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup upgrade 3.11 to 4.5
From: jrmajor AT TexasChildrensHospital DOT org (Major, Rusty)
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:39:46 -0500
We have 14 Windows Media servers (incl Master) and it took us about 14 hours to
upgrade to 4.5 FP5. We had a couple of bumps. The biggest problem we had was
getting the devices on all servers to match up. We ended up having to delete
the globDB on all Medias and set each one up manually. It wasn't too painfull,
but it took quite a while.

Other than the problems that VSP has caused us, it's been a night and day
difference and I just wish we did it sooner! Most of the issues we had with 3.4
have been resolved. Many of these were little quirks that our Operations staff
had to deal with. They are happy about the upgrade =).
If you want any more details, feel free to email me off-list.

Rusty