Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] p1: How do I determine the amount of data being streamed back from a restore? help in crisis.

2004-04-06 14:30:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] p1: How do I determine the amount of data being streamed back from a restore? help in crisis.
From: james.c.siano AT lmco DOT com (Siano, James C)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:30:48 -0400
Hello:

I'm doing a restore of a failed partition right now.  However, I've
prioritized the directories to come back from tape.

What I need to need to know is how much data is in that directory.  I
can perhaps see the amount captured from the partition in its entirety
but not on a specific inner directory tree.

I'm tyring to perform an alternate restore of the most critical data
from the failed server to an available server hard drive.   The
alternate harrd drive onlyh as X amount of data and I need to know if
that drive will be able to handle the entire restore.

Please advise.