Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Re: Advice on upgrading from a DDS3 to L8

2004-04-06 12:07:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Re: Advice on upgrading from a DDS3 to L8
From: andre.lue-fook-sang AT thomson DOT com (Lue-Fook-Sang, Andre)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 12:07:30 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF1.4346D3C0

Greets,

We currently have a DDS3 attached to a U10 and plan to purchase a L8 to
replace the DDS3. Can someone who has done a similar thing feel free to
provide any assistance from this experience: (Using 4.5FP_4 on Solaris 8)
- Will there be any licensing issues if I can use the same U10? If I have to
use a different machine but keep the same hostname, is there a way to
transfer the licensing?
- how do I carry over my policies/volume groups to the new L8 unit?
- how do I handle the database backup/future db issue? If I go with the L8
unit on the same machine I won't be able to do any restores until I can get
some backups. So there is a certain danger period here.
- Other possible show stoppers I may have missed?

thanks
Andre'

------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF1.4346D3C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Re: Advice on upgrading from a DDS3 to L8</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Greets,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">We currently have a DDS3 attached to a =
U10 and plan to purchase a L8 to replace the DDS3. Can someone who has =
done a similar thing feel free to provide any assistance from this =
experience: (Using 4.5FP_4 on Solaris 8)</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- Will there be any licensing issues =
if I can use the same U10? If I have to use a different machine but =
keep the same hostname, is there a way to transfer the =
licensing?</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- how do I carry over my =
policies/volume groups to the new L8 unit?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- how do I handle the database =
backup/future db issue? If I go with the L8 unit on the same machine I =
won't be able to do any restores until I can get some backups. So there =
is a certain danger period here.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">- Other possible show stoppers I may =
have missed?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Andre'</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C41BF1.4346D3C0--